7 Fun Ways to Eat Fruit
By: Wendy Wu, R.D., M.S.
Whereas some kids love fruits because they’re naturally sweet and yummy, others avoid them at all costs. What are some fun and creative ways to get your kids (and yourself) to eat more fruits? The following are some fun suggestions.
1) Cut them into cute shapes with cookie cutters or a melon baller.
2) Dip them into antioxidant rich dark chocolate. Try strawberries, bananas, pineapples, kiwi, oranges and cherries dipped in dark chocolate!
3) Make Fruit Popsicle Sticks. Chop up whatever mix of fruit you like, place fruits into Popsicle tray, add in juice of your choice and freeze. Delish!
4) Mix in fresh fruit with your favorite low fat yogurt.
5) Fruit Skewers make fruit easy and fun to eat. Make sure your kids are careful with the sticks.
6) Fruit Jello! Try the sugar free jello packs and load up on the fruits. Canned fruits like peaches and pears (in natural juice), fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries are great with jello.
7) Frozen Yogurt Fruit Snack. Dip strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, grapes, etc. into your favorite low-fat yogurt and freeze.
I hope you liked these creative suggestions to get your kids to eat more fruit.
Let’s stay connected for other fun and creative food ideas.
Like HappyDietitian on facebook