Favorites (Jan 2012)
Wendy Wu, R.D., M.S.
15 more products that I use and love. A continuation to my previous post, Beauty Products I love. Step-by-Step Guide.
1) Get yourself a very good quality face mask and use 2x per week. The LANEIGE hydra solution mask leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. It’s also very affordable.
2) A high quality facial scrub. I like La Mer’s refining facial. Massage using upward and circular motions. Rinse and follow with toner. You can also use this right before a face mask. Massage using upward and circular motions with refining facial then let dry on face (about 5 minutes). Place face mask over refining facial.
3) Don’t neglect your eyes. ESPA’s soothing eye lotion helps reduce puffiness and dark circles. You can also use fresh cucumber or chamomile tea bags.
4) Body scrub about once or twice a week. You can use either the hand gloves scrub (body shop) with your favorite body wash or you can buy the scrubs. I like ESPA body soothing body gel (scrub) or Sabon body scrubs. They effectively clean the gunk that doesn’t get washed away by just soap and water alone. Especially necessary for proper cleaning of your back.
5) Mentholatum Ointment is multi-functional. Use it for cold symptoms (stuffy nose, chest congestion, sinus congestion, head colds, chest colds, and muscular aches due to coughs and colds), chapped skin and skin irritations (soothes chapped lips, skin, sunburns, wind burns and insect bites).
6) I absolutely LOVE Lady Primrose products! Their Blue Agave line smells so delightful. The refreshing pool mist is a must in hot weather. It instantly refreshes leaving a very pleasant blue agave smell.
8) Blotting tissues by Clean & Clear (The pink grapefruit smells really nice) and Body Shop. I like the powdered blotting tissues for my oily T-zone.
9) My floss of choice.
10) My Henckel nail care set. Nail clipper on the left and nail filer on the right. May bring onto airplane.
11) A strong hair spray. The JOICO JOIMIST FIRM holds on like glue with one spray!
12) Slicker Defining Lotion by JOICO smooths hair and defines curls.
13) Banana Boat Sport SPF 30.
14) A cute oil burner and oils. I usually buy them from the body shop. My favorite scents are Satsuma, Mandarin and Tangelo, Strawberry mixed with Exotic and Green Tea & Lemon. Especially helpful if you have pets at home and when you cook.
15) My newest find. Aqueous Cream BP for dry skin. It’s rich, non-perfumed, non-greasy and affordable!