10 Places You’ve Probably Never Been to in Hong Kong
By: Wendy Wu, R.D., M.S.
I’m super excited that one of my closest friends is coming to Hong Kong! To plan her itinerary, I ventured out and explored the fancy and ghetto parts of this lovely island and that’s how I came about this list.
1) Sham Shui Po is one of the best places to go for CHEAP local food. On the weekends, there are lines for almost all of the restaurants. I decided to try Eat Together Noodles this time, but last week I had Lau Sum Kee Noodles. Both places were great. Sham Shui Po is also home to the fabric market. If you’re looking for fabrics, ribbons, buttons, or cheap clothes this is where you want to go.
Lau Sum Kee:
Dragon Centre. I went there specifically for the Freshly made Dragon Candy and Peanut Mochi. The mall is on the crappy side.
2) Temple Street night market in Jordan (okay fine, maybe you’ve been here before =D)
3) Snoopy World in Sha Tin
4) 五代同糖 Hong Kong Style Dessert Chain
6) The Living Room at W hotel
7) Fantastic view at Cafe Gray for drinks
8) Thai food at Nitaya Thai House
9) Sai Kung for Seafood straight from the ocean
10) Dessert at Xiao Tian Gu