1. Anti-inflammatory- provides relief for Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
2. Antioxidant-destroys free radicals that damage healthy cells
3. Natural dye-great for adding color to dishes; especially soups
4. Helps with upset stomach (dyspepsia)
5. Antimicrobial, Anti-fungal and Antiviral-boosts the immune system
6. Lowers cholesterol
7. May protect against Alzheimer’s Disease-removes plaque buildup
8. May protect against heart disease
9. May slow down cancer growth and metastases
10. May help control diabetes-moderates insulin levels
Simple Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower: Cut into florets, drizzle olive oil to coat, add curry powder (1 T or to taste), add lots of turmeric powder and pepper. Roast at 250 C (450F) for 15-20 minutes, flipping florets midway.
I also use lots of turmeric in my chicken noodle soup! Recipe to come.