1. Volunteering at PathFinders Limited. A charity assisting distressed migrant women who have given birth to children in Hong Kong. My roles include giving nutrition/health talks, advocacy, babysitting, teaching English, handicrafts and baking, managing the PathFinders shop and helping out in any way I can.
2. Volunteering at FeedingHK. A charity dedicated to feeding Hong Kong’s hungry. My roles include conducting nutrition/health talks, setting up nutrition related workshops and working on two projects- The Chef’s in the Community Program and The Food Drive Challenge.
3. Volunteering at Hong Kong Dog Rescue. My roles include giving orientation to volunteers, taking pics of the pups and helping out where I can.
4. Spreading the message of good nutrition throughout Hong Kong.
5. Getting the opportunity to teach Cultural Anthropology.
6. Volunteering with Handson HongKong. A non-profit connecting volunteers to charities throughout Hong Kong and meeting wonderful people along the way.
7. To be surrounded by cutie pies and witnessing their growth.
8. Coordinating projects for non-profits and companies. Pics below: Pizza Express Chef Dunbar teaching PF moms how to make pizza, Peggy Chan of Grassroots Pantry teaching the ladies how to make a delicious plant-based meal and Gregorie Michaud of Bread Elements teaching the ladies how to make delicious sandwiches.
9. Charity walk with fellow RD’s and designed a T-shirt raising $5000 for cardiac patients.
10. And finally….Surpassing 500 likes on the Happy Dietitian facebook page…organically! Will you help me get to 1000 likes by Dec 2014?
Wishing everyone Happy Holidays!!!